Why SMS? Why now? The Mobile World
Our world is more Mobile now than ever. Consumers are always on the move and it is increasingly difficult to reach them through traditional channels like TV, Radio and Internet. In 2013 there were more than 6 billion subscriptions. With increasing penetration of mobile phones to the most rural areas, mobile networks cover more than 90% of the world's population. Availability, affordability and ubiquity make the mobile phone an essential platform for retail marketing and business to customer communication.
The mobile phone has become the new "must have" for any serious "innovative" marketing project. Due to the rapidly expanding capabilities of smartphones, there is a misconception that 'archaic' technology such as SMS is not up to the task at hand. The truth is far from it.
Most brands now choose SMS as a must-have when planning their mobile strategy. One of the reasons behind this is that while there are 1 billion smartphones, there are 5 billion feature phones. All these phones have built-in SMS capability.
• 6 billion subscriptions worldwide.
• Mobile operators cover more than 90% of the world.
• Consumers are always on the move. (Increasingly hard to reach them through traditional channels)
• All mobile phones support SMS. (Smartphones and feature phones)
• SMS does not require data connections or apps.
• SMS is cost effective and ubiquitous.
• Mobile is the most personal channel. SMS is direct and immediate.
• SMS has a greater open rate than any other traditional alternative. (E-mail)
• Mobile SMS offers are redeemed more frequently than any other type of offer. (Prints, web etc.)
• Consumers carry their mobile phone and use it for everyday activities 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
• SMS is stored in user's mobile wherever they engage with the message now or later.
SMS Marketing Statistics
• MMA: 91% of mobile phone users have their phones 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (ie also sleep with the phones)
• AT & T: 88% of consumers watch the 2nd screen (mobile) while watching TV
• MMA: 43% of consumers use mobile as their primary search tool
• SinglePoint: 90 percent of all text messages are read within 3 minutes of being received on the mobile phone
• Mobile Marketing Watch: Mobile marketing ad spend bigger than 100 percent in 2013.
• Responsys: Nearly 2/3 of consumers subscribed to mobile marketing indicate that they have made a purchase as a result of receiving a highly relevant mobile message.
• Venture Beat: The open rate of SMS is 98 percent compared with 22 percent for emails.
• Cellit: Text messages can be 8x more effective at engaging customers.
• eMarketer: Mobile offers / SMS Coupons are redeemed 10x more frequently than print offers.
SMS Messaging Services – Outbound SMS
Outbound SMS is a fast and reliable way to send large volumes of SMS messages on a global scale. By using enterprise messaging platforms, companies can send marketing campaigns, notifications, promotions and special offers, increasing brand awareness, customer acquisition, customer retention and driving sales.
SMS Messaging Services – Inbound SMS
Inbound SMS allows companies to globally receive SMS messages from consumers, engaging their target audience, increasing customer loyalty, retention and reactivation by initiating 2-way communication with the consumer through Inbound Marketing.
Reach +7 Billion subscribers
The most personal channel SMS is direct and immediate.
98% Open Rate
SMS has a greater open rate than any other traditional alternative.
70% Response Rate
6 to 8 higher engagement rates than email. 45% click through rate of URLs. Mobile SMS offers are redeemed 10x more frequently than any other type of offer.
90% of SMS is read in 3 minutes. No internet required
SMS requires no data.
SMS is stored in user's mobile wherever they engage with the message now or later.
Based on sustainable technologies 100% Compatible
All mobile phones support SMS (smartphones, multimedia and feature phones).
SMS is cost effective.